Welcome to Breeze!
Breeze is a mobile application using crowd-sourced and other information that provides users with various services, including motorist-centric services, and in particular, turn-by-turn navigation on Singapore roads to bring them to their desired destinations ("Services").
Personal Data that is collected from you
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we strive to only collect personal data that we need in order to provide you with the Services. Such personal data will include the following information that you create or provide to us:
- Account details: information that you provide to us about you when you set up an account in Breeze. This would include your account user name, password, contact details and email address.
- Social network information: Breeze allows you to use your account details from social media platforms (i.e. Facebook) to create an account and subsequently login. If you choose to do so, you will share with Breeze information from such social media platforms and Breeze may use and/or collect the same.
- Information that you choose to provide or share with Breeze: information that you choose to provide or share with Breeze, including information contained in your "favourites", destinations that you may travel to, location information or calendar information should you choose to use certain personalised features of the Services.
Breeze's use of your personal data
We use your personal data only for the following specific purposes:
- to provide you with the Services. This would include the various personalised features contained in Breeze should you choose to activate them.
- for maintenance and improvement purposes. This is to ensure that Breeze and/or the Services are working properly and as intended and that we can improve on and provide new and updated features to you.
- for communication purposes. This would facilitate the sending of any updates, notices, announcements, and any other information in relation to Breeze, your account or the Services.
- for sharing to the relevant third parties to the extent necessary in order for us to provide you with the functionalities of Breeze and/or the Services or for third party services that are connected to or may have been incorporated into Breeze and/or the Services to be provided to you.
- for legal and compliance purposes. We will use and/or collect your personal data so that we can comply with applicable laws, assist with law enforcement agencies if we have a good faith belief that our cooperation with the law enforcement agency is required and take any action in any case of dispute or legal proceedings of any kind in relation to Breeze and/or the Services.
- for commercial or business purposes relating to Breeze and/or the Services, including any marketing campaigns undertaken by us. In doing so, we may to the extent necessary share your personal data to relevant third parties.
Your privacy is our priority. We will under no circumstance sell, lease or rent any of your personal data to any third party. In the event there is a need to share your personal data for the purposes described above, we will strive to do so only for information that does not personally identify you to prevent any third-party recipient from correlating such information back to you.
By using Breeze and/or the Services, you agree to give us your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal data for the foregoing purposes set out above. If we need to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data for any other purpose, we will ask for your consent before doing so. You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by writing to email@example.com using the form found in NCS Data Protection Policy and you will not be able to continue using Breeze and/or the Services upon withdrawal of your consent.
Protection of your personal data
Any personal data that we collect is protected by various security safeguards we have put in place to minimise the risk of theft, loss, damage or unauthorised access or use. Whilst we strive to ensure the security of your personal data using commercially available products, that is the full extent of our responsibility and we do not guarantee or warrant, and you cannot reasonably expect, that our databases will be immune to any wrongful, malicious or illegal acts, product or system malfunctions or other types of misuse or abuse.
Retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data only for so long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was initially collected and if retention is no longer required for legal or business purposes. Such legal or business purposes will include:
- Security, fraud and abuse prevention
- Internal record-keeping
- Complying with any applicable law or legal or regulatory requirement
- Ensuring the continuity of Breeze and/or the Services
Subject to these legal or business purposes, we will endeavour to delete your personal information upon receiving a request from you to delete your account in Breeze, by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to and correction of your personal data
We respect your right to know the nature of your personal data that we have collected and to access and correct the same if they are inaccurate and we would generally allow you to exercise these rights upon request by writing to email@example.com using the form found in NCS Data Protection Policy and payment of reasonable administrative fees. Do however note that there may be situations where we cannot grant your request and these would include circumstances where there are countervailing legal considerations or where such request jeopardises the privacy of others, is frivolous or vexatious or would be extremely impractical.
Accuracy of your personal data
It is important that any personal data that you provide to us be complete and accurate and accordingly you should take reasonable care to ensure the same. Should you find that any personal data that you have shared is incomplete or inaccurate, you must take all necessary steps to correct the same. Please note that any false, incorrect or incomplete information provided may prevent you from setting up on account or impair our ability to provide you with the Services.